We specialise in measuring the Net Promoter Score (NPS) in the construction, building products and utilities industries. The NPS is an easy way of measuring the overall performance of your company through your customer’s eyes as you can track customer service performance at a top level with a single easy to understand figure.
Our Approach to Measuring Net Promoter Score in Construction
The measurement of the NPS is usually undertaken as part of a wider research exercise which could range from a few simple ratings questions to a more detailed qualitative survey.
Respondents are asked the following question: How likely is it that you would recommend Company XYZ to a friend or colleague if asked, where 10 is very likely and 1 is very unlikely?
Customers respond on a 0 to 10 rating scale and are categorised as follows:
- Promoters (score 9-10) are loyal enthusiasts who will keep buying and refer others.
- Passives (score 7-8) are satisfied but unenthusiastic customers who may switch to competitors.
- Detractors (score 0-6) are unhappy customers who can damage your brand and impede growth through negative word-of-mouth.
The NPS is equal to the percentage of promoters minus the % of detractors. In the B2B market an average score is around 5 – 20% with top performing companies achieving 40% plus. When measuring your NPS, its a good idea to ask customers for the reasons behind the score to enable you to identify any actions required. In addition we would normally ask additional questions in other areas to help identify the strengths and weaknesses of a company.
- To track progress on customer performance – often when implementing programmes to improve customer service
- To benchmark against their competitors – to ensure they are keeping up with or ahead of their competitors
- To identify areas of weakness – to enable them to take targeted action to address these weaknesses
You can find out more about the NPS here.
Our Experience in Construction Net Promoter Score
We are well qualified to help you in measuring your Net Promoter Score. We have:
- Completed over 15 research projects where we have measured a company’s NPS
- A large databank of comparative NPS scores from companies in the construction industry – although NPS scores are kept confidential if requested
- Proven experience in the construction, construction products and utilities industries, allowing us to quickly understand the key issues and deliver customer insights.
Our Track Record
Here are just a few examples of other projects we have completed. Many more case studies are available if required.