The main part of our service offering to clients is construction market research and surveys and we are experts in this field, both in the UK, Europe and Worldwide. Most of our market research projects are for clients who are either in or closely related to the construction and building products sectors and we are very familiar with collecting key data insights in these markets. We have worked with manufacturers, distributors, main contractors, sub contractors, membership and service organisations in these sectors and have interviewed respondents as part of market surveys from across the construction supply chain.
Our Approach to Construction Market Research
In most construction market research projects, we would collect data and market insights using one of the following techniques:
- telephone interviewing using CATI technology – the most often used method of collecting data and particularly relevant in current times when Covid prevents face to face interviewing or focus groups
- web based data collection – typically via email link to URL
- face to face for detailed executive interviews
- focus groups – on-line and face-to-face meetings
- mystery shopping.
The field research is often backed up by detailed desk research using a variety of sources such as company web sites, government statistics, published reports, our in house library and trade publications. We are very familiar with most existing data sources in the industry and know where to go to obtain it. For more information on techniques we use to research the construction and building products market, go to our downloads and reports section.
Our Experience in UK Construction Market Research and Analysis
Our experience in the construction, building products and environmental industries in GB and Europe means we understand the key issues and terminology and will probably already have completed research with your target audience. Our interviewers focus on construction market research and so have real knowledge of this sector and are able to carry out technical interviews, if needed.
Here’s some of the reasons why our clients work with us:
- over 25 years research experience in the construction industry and so you can rest assured that we know your market and what affects it
- completed over 19,000 interviews using a full range of research techniques across the entire construction supply chain, we know what questions and type of research works and what doesn’t
- a team that has director level operational experience in the construction and building products industry enabling us to give practical advice to improve business performance
- completed over 200 market research projects in the construction, building products and environmental sectors and so we can hit the ground running on all projects.
Collecting Construction Market Insights
Respondents in a typical research programme might include architects, specifiers, contractors, subcontractors, industry experts, manufacturers and distributors – it will depend on the insight objectives of the project and where we feel the best and most useful data source will be. The respondent base might include both customers of our client and customers of our client’s competitors or influencers such as specifiers and architects.
Our Track Record in Construction Industry Market Research and Surveys
We usually speak to a wide range of respondents to gain an understanding of a specific issue, market sector or construction product and help our client with insights into their market. Here are just a few examples of construction market research projects we have completed. Many more case studies are available if required that cover market insights, analysis and research.