We specialise in building products market research, market analysis and strategy and are very familiar with all the key research issues and market trends in this sector. Whatever your information requirements, we have probably faced a similar situation before as we have worked with a wide range of distributors and manufacturers in this market.
Our Experience in Building Products Market Research, Market Analysis and Planning
Our consultants have first-hand operational experience of the building products industry as well as extensive research and analysis experience in this sector. The operational experience in the manufacture and distribution of building products includes senior or board level positions at:
- Hall & Co. (builder’s merchants, now part of Jewson)
- SGB (scaffolding)
- Marley (flooring and waterproofing manufacturer)
- Tarkett (flooring manufacturer)
- Hyde Housing Association
Our existing industry knowledge adds value to your projects and means we do not waste time learning about the basics of your market. It enables us to hit the ground running and provides our clients with practical and realistic answers to their issues.
We have worked with over 80 clients involved in the manufacture of construction products, including both heavyside (e.g. cement, concrete, aggregates, plasterboard, bricks, roofing) and lightside (e.g. lighting, rainwater, drainage, ceilings, doors). Our distributor clients include builders merchants, timber merchants and tool hire businesses.
Example clients from the building products industry over the last couple of years include Marley Rainwater, Lafarge, Samsung, Gradus Floors, Ardex, BT Openreach, Speedy Hire and the Builders Merchants Federation. A full list of clients can be seen here.
Building Products Market Research and Analysis Projects Completed Recently
To provide a flavour of the type of projects we work on in the building products industry, here are some examples from the last couple of years:
- Brand strategy review for a plastic drainage manufacturer
- Identifying the opportunity in the UK for an aggregates producer and assessing market trends
- Assessing the USA market for a specialist material used in roadbuilding
- Assessing the potential of the GB market for drainage products for an Irish manufacturer
- Identifying market potential for University backed new building products software
- Developing sales of softwood in the UK market
- Analysis of the UK brick market and future trends
- Assessing the potential for the UK market for low carbon bagged cement
- Research on buying of flooring materials via the internet
- Voice of customer research for a flooring manufacturer
- Research with builders merchants for a major plasterboard manufacturer
- Development of business plan for manufacturer of ceiling and door products
- Assessing the GB defects management tool market for a software supplier and identifying market trends.
Testimonials from clients in the building products industry can be seen here.
Building Product Sectors where we have Carried out Research & Analysis
- Block paving
- Building chemicals
- Ceiling systems
- Bagged cement
- Cladding systems
- Concrete – ready mixed
- Concrete – precast
- Flooring – vinyl, wood, laminate, carpet, resin, LVT
- Flooring – adhesives, smoothing compounds, accessories
- Insulation and insulated panels
- Lift systems
- Plant hire
- Plasterboard and drylining
- Roof tiles
- Soil & waste
- Sheet materials
- Tool hire
- Underground drainage