Summary of Market Report on Floor Smoothing Compounds
This report on the UK Contract Market for Flooring Smoothing Compounds was published in Summer 2018 and follows on from previous reports published in 2007 and 2013 which allows comparisons to be made over time. It includes key data such as market size, brand share, reasons for buying specific brands, route to market and specification details. The report is based on a detailed market research programme with 107 flooring contractors active in the UK commercial flooring market and supported by additional desk and trade research.
The scope of the research includes all smoothing compound products used for flooring projects in the commercial sector eg offices, education, health, leisure. It does not include residential uses apart from multi occupancy residential such as student accommodation and nursing homes. Smoothing compounds are sometimes referred to as levelling compounds or underlayments and are typically used in thicknesses from 2mm – 10mm. The research does not include screeding products.
Research Programme used for the Flooring Smoothing Compound Market Analysis
This report is primarily based on an extensive telephone interview programme with flooring contractors. The key sources of data are as follows:
- telephone market research programme with 107 flooring contractors involved in the trade flooring market. The flooring contractors are spread across the UK and cover a range of business sizes.
- desk research using government statistics, Leading Edge‘s construction forecast model, company brochures, trade magazines and other publicly available information.
- data and trends from previous reports on this market published in 2007 and 2013.
Contents of Flooring Levelling Compounds Market Study
The report is in powerpoint and covers 72 pages including 34 charts / tables and 18 pages of contractor quotes. The following subjects are covered:
- Floor smoothing compound market size and forecast growth
- Market size by market sector eg offices, education, leisure
- Market share by brand
- Frequency of use of each brand
- Reasons for selecting supplier
- Route to market – direct, distribution, client
- Ratings of brands – price, quality, product range, technical help. Changes over time.
- Areas for brands to improve
- Share of market of latex
- Reasons for using latex
- Specification market – most likely brands to be specified
- Specification market – % share of total market; % projects switched
- Use and thickness of smoothing compounds by flooring type
- Use of a single manufacturer for adhesive, smoothing compound, DPM and primer
- Gypsum calcium sulphate (anhydrite) screeds
- Damp proof membranes – market share by brand
- Primer – market share by brand
Cost of Floor Smoothing (Levelling) Compounds Report
The report cost is £1,650 plus VAT for an electronic copy.
How to Order the Levelling Compounds Market Research
Please call us on 01252 279990 or email using the contact form here.
Testimonials from Flooring Manufacturers
Most of the major smoothing compound manufacturers have bought previous editions of this report.
“Both reports provided us with excellent information on the market and include data from original research that is not available elsewhere. They are well presented and have helped us in our planning.” Business Manager, Laybond Products
“We asked Leading Edge to help us to develop our company strategy. The work was excellent and we acted upon most of the recommendations”. Director, Ardex
“We found the LVT market report very useful and it will help in developing our sales and marketing plans for the UK. The quotes from the flooring contractors were particularly helpful in understanding their purchasing behaviour”. Marketing Manager, Tarkett.
“Leading Edge helped us to identify the market opportunity in the flooring sector, we were very happy with their research and it contributed towards our decision making process”. Commercial Manager, Gerflor
“The LVT report is a good quality report, well written and presented and a valuable aid in understanding the UK market”. Director, Karndean
“Leading Edge carried out a customer survey on our behalf. This was across a number of product and customer groups which added to the complexity of the process. The team at Leading Edge were supportive and helpful throughout the process and the final report has contributed to our business planning.” Director, Gradus