Residential Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT) Floorcovering Market Research
This report on the UK Residential Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT) Market was published in December 2018. It includes key data such as market size, brand share, reasons for buying specific brands, market forecast, pricing and market data on non-adhesive LVT.
Research Programme used for the LVT Report
This report is primarily based on an extensive telephone interview programme with flooring contractors. The key sources of data are as follows:
- telephone market research programme with 104 flooring contractors and retailers involved in the residential LVT market. The flooring contractors/retailers are spread across the UK and cover a range of business sizes.
- desk research using government statistics, Leading Edge‘s construction forecast model, company brochures, trade magazines and other publicly available information.
- discussions with LVT manufacturers and distributors to determine market size.
Contents of LVT Market Study
The report is in power point and is provided in pdf format. It covers 74 pages including 34 charts / tables and over 280 contractor and retailer quotes. The following subjects are covered:
- Residential LVT market size and forecast growth – dry back, non-adhesive, rigid core
- Market share by brand
- Frequency of use of each brand – dry back, non-adhesive
- Brand loyalty
- Reasons for selecting LVT supplier – total market and by brand
- Ratings of brands – price, quality, designs, shop display, samples & brochures
- Retail display stands by brand
- Areas for brands to improve
- Non adhesive LVT – reasons for use, brands used
- Route to market – total and by brand
- Market share by tile design and laying pattern
- Pricing by wear layer and non-adhesive
- Design and laying trends
- Type of floor LVT replacing – % by floor type
There are over 280 quotes from flooring contractors and retailers on a range of topics including:
- “why do you choose to buy LVT from ……… (name of main LVT supplier)?”
- “what would you like to improve about …… (name of main LVT supplier)?”
- “why were non adhesive LVT tiles used?”
- “what design or laying trends have you noticed in the last 12 months?”
Scope of LVT Research
This report focuses on the residential luxury vinyl tile (LVT) market. This is defined as contractor installed product in private homes. The sample focuses on the main route to market which is the independent retail sector plus informal sales via contractors who sell direct.
The following installations and routes to market are not included:
- Installations in multi residential buildings such as nursing homes and student accommodation (included in Commercial LVT report).
- Installations for housebuilders in large housing estates (included in Commercial LVT report).
- Sales via large retail chains such as Carpetright, Tapi and the department store sector.
Cost of LVT Flooring Report
The cost of the report is £1,650 plus VAT.
How to Order the Luxury Vinyl Tile Market Study
Please call us on 01252 279990 or email using the contact form here.
Testimonials from Flooring Manufacturers on our Reports
“We found the LVT market report very useful and it will help in developing our sales and marketing plans for the UK. The quotes from the flooring contractors were particularly helpful in understanding their purchasing behaviour”. Marketing Manager, Tarkett.
“Leading Edge helped us to identify the market opportunity in the flooring sector, we were very happy with their research and it contributed towards our decision making process”. Commercial Manager, Gerflor.
“Both reports provided us with excellent information on the market and include data from original research that is not available elsewhere. They are well presented and have helped us in our planning.” Business Manager, Laybond Products.
“We asked Leading Edge to help us to develop our company strategy. The work was excellent and we acted upon most of the recommendations.” Director, Ardex.
For more information on the report, please click on the orange button below or contact us.