- Building product manufacturer, focus on lift platforms
- To gain feedback on the design of a prototype product.
- To identify the scale of the opportunity and increase its knowledge of the commercial sector of the UK construction market.
How we met the objectives
- Developed multiple questionnaires to provide information on the market from a different perspectives.
- Completed interview programme of 60 respondents including the following respondent types: installers, architects, property developers and disabled organisations.
- Collected additional comments following email exchange of product images.
Benefits for the client
- Gained detailed analysis of the market and competition including the key brands, market trends, importance of specification, scale of the opportunity, barriers to entry and specific issues to address.
- Identified specific recommendations made on issues to be addressed and next steps.
- Identified valuable information for the design team to improve certain aspects of the product prior to launch.
- Provided the client with information to inform decision to move forward with the project and is compiling an investment programme.