We have been working with clients in the environmental, utilities and laboratory services sectors since 1988. We have completed research projects for over 30 organisations, several of whom we have worked closely with for over a decade. Our work mainly focuses on environmental market research, customer service measurement and market analysis.
Our Experience in Environmental Market Research, Customer Service Measurement and Market Analysis
The types of organisations we have worked can typically be classified under one of the following headings:
- Environmental services – waste management, water/wastewater, consultancies
- Laboratory services – waters, soils, foods, oils
- Utility suppliers – energy, telecomms
Private sector clients range from multinational companies operating in sectors such as water and waste management to intermediaries and UK SME’s. We also have experience of dealing with public sector clients at a national, regional and local level.
Our lead consultant in this market, Chris Hadley, has 25 years’ experience in this sector. His industry knowledge ensures he is able to quickly grasp the key issues and propose a programme of research to meet our client’s needs. We have experience in a range of sectors and in particular:
Example clients from the private sector include ALcontrol Laboratories, Exova, Safety Kleen, Severn Trent, Shanks and Shield On Site Services. Example clients from the public sector, and its agencies, include BRE, DTI, Environment Agency and UKTI. A full list of clients can be seen here.
Projects We Have Completed Recently in the Environmental, Utilities and Laboratory Services Sectors
To provide a flavour of the type of projects we work on, here are some examples from the last couple of years:
- A global customer survey for a major utility company covering 15 offices including tracking over a period of years
- Re-segmentation of end user markets for a client in the waste management sector
- Development of strategy for environmental services company
- Review of the European market opportunities for a processor of WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment)
- Assessment of UK and European market demand for a manufacturer of pressure sensing transducers
- Customer satisfaction and analysis for a UK oil laboratory
- Assessment of the market opportunity in the UK heat sector for an Irish manufacturer of wood pellets.
- Preparation of a guidance manual for a UK Government department on the water and wastewater industry.
Testimonials from clients can be seen here.