Flooring Market Research Scope
This market research study, published in April 2016, covers the commercial vinyl flooring market in the UK and focusses on the following manufacturers: Altro, Forbo, Gerflor, ITEC, Polyflor and Tarkett.
The product scope is contractor installed vinyl flooring in non-residential (commercial) buildings such as schools, hospitals, retail outlets and offices. The report includes both vinyl sheet and tiles but excludes Luxury Vinyl Tiles (LVT) and semi flexible tiles.
The report contains 85 slides in a power point document, 142 quotes from flooring contractors and 31 tables, charts and graphs. For more information, download this file.
We also produce a report on the total contract flooring market (including vinyl) which is more recent. More information can be found here: Contract Flooring Report.
Research Method – Vinyl Flooring Market
The findings in the report are based on the following:
- detailed telephone interviews with 100 flooring contractors involved in the commercial vinyl market.
- desk research using government statistics and Leading Edge‘s construction forecast model.
Background Information on Flooring Report
To download a pdf providing background information on the report plus a summary profile of the flooring contractors interviewed by region, turnover of business and sq m of flooring installed then please click here.
Key Benefits of the Vinyl Flooring Report
The report assesses a number of key criteria crucial for a manufacturer’s success in this market, based on feedback from flooring contractors. The findings will help readers understand the market positioning of each manufacturer, how they are rated by their customers, key routes to market and the brand strengths and weaknesses.
It includes information on:
- the market size and forecast growth
- market share by manufacturer for the total market and specific segments
- market and customer service performance of individual manufacturers.
Contents of Vinyl Flooring Market Research Report
This report includes the following topics:
- Size and forecast growth of the vinyl flooring market
- The growth of safety flooring
- % of installations that are safety flooring
- reasons for growth in safety flooring
- Manufacturer market share – safety and smooth flooring
- Manufacturer market share – by region and size of contractor
- Use of each manufacturer
- % using each manufacturer
- average number of manufacturers used
- Reasons for buying from each manufacturer
- reasons for selecting – overall market
- reasons for individual manufacturers
- Best manufacturers for price, quality and design
- % selecting each manufacturer for each attribute
- Changes flooring contractors would like to see from manufacturer
- including changes on deliveries, stocking, availability, pricing, sales representation and products
- Market share and growth by design of vinyl flooring
- including reasons for growth of designs
- Importance of specification and frequency of specification breaking
- proportion of vinyl specified
- most likely manufacturers to be specified
- likelihood of switching specifications
- Route to market by manufacturer and for total market– direct and distribution
- % share of direct and distribution
- reasons for purchasing direct or from a distributor
- % of sales via direct and distributors by manufacturer
- how orders are placed – email, phone, online, fax
- Promotional schemes – frequency of use and areas for improvement
- Vinyl recycling schemes – frequency of use and areas for improvement
- Profile of flooring contractor sample by region, sq m of flooring installed, size of business
Cost of Vinyl Flooring Market Report and How to Order
The cost of the full report is £1,750 plus VAT. To order a copy please call us on 01252 279990 or email using the contact form here. We can send the report and invoice by email. It is possible to purchase extracts of the report for a reduced fee.
Previous Market Research Reports on the Flooring Sector
We have previously published several reports on the flooring sector (which are all available from this website) including:
- The UK Commercial LVT Market 2014
- The UK Flooring Adhesives Market 2013
- The UK Smoothing Compounds Market 2013
Purchasers of these reports include Polyflor, Altro, Tarkett, Gerflor, IVC, F Ball, Karndean, Amtico, Bostik, Ardex, Mapei plus many other manufacturers, financial institutions and industry advisers..
Testimonials from Flooring Manufacturers
We have carried out many research projects in the flooring sector. Here are a few testimonials from flooring clients:
“We found the LVT market report very useful and it will help in developing our sales and marketing plans for the UK. The quotes from the flooring contractors were particularly helpful in understanding their purchasing behaviour.” Marketing Manager, Tarkett
“Leading Edge helped us to identify the market opportunity and assess the rewards and risks of setting up online. We were very happy with their research and it contributed towards our decision to launch the online offer. We are now successfully trading products for the residential market from our company website”. Commercial Manager, Gerflor
“Leading Edge carried out a customer survey on our behalf. This was across a number of product and customer groups which added to the complexity of the process. The team at Leading Edge were supportive and helpful throughout the process and the final report has contributed to our business planning.” Sales and Marketing Director, Gradus
“We asked Leading Edge to help us to develop our company strategy. The work was excellent and we acted upon most of the recommendations”. Director, Ardex